02 Collecting Personal Information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your name, address and email address)
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters including your name and email address
- information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use
- information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or any other transactions that you enter into through our website including your name, address, telephone number, email address and financial and card details
- information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and meta data associated with the communication); Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
03 Using Your Personal Information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information to:
- administer our website and business
- personalise our website for you
- enable your use of the services available on our website
- send you goods purchased through our website
- send you invoice confirmations of payments we have collected from you or any other relevant communication required with regards to status of an order you make through our website
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested
- send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter)
- send you marketing communications relating to our business (or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties) which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information)
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party's direct marketing.
All our website financial transactions are handled through our payment services provider, Paypal and SagePay.
We will share information with our payment services provider only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
04 Disclosing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, professional advisers, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information. Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
05 Security Of Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
We use encryption technology to protect the electronic financial transactions entered into through our website.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
Please note: All pages on this site where personal information is entered are protected and secured by 128 bit encryption technology. No credit card information is stored or processed on this site. All card transactions are handled securely on SagePay or PayPal servers.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
07 Your Rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. If you wish to obtain a copy of this information, update your details or remove your personal data from our records, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
08 Third Party Websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
09 Updating Information
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated via email@example.com.